FIS™ is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 55,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS has also been named the No. 1 overall financial technology provider in the annual FinTech 100 rankings. Despite these achievements, we never lose sight of the fact that it’s our clients that make us successful. That’s why FIS’ commitment to operational excellence and client satisfaction is at the forefront of our business strategies and top of mind with every decision we make.
FIS continually strives to give every client a voice and listen and respond to their needs. With a focus on innovation, new product development and enhancements, FIS is positioned to help our clients be more competitive and address their business challenges and strategic goals. We take information security very seriously and provide industry-leading secure and reliable solutions. At FIS, we are committed to protecting the assets of our clients and their customers.
Learn about the company: Website
Apply for jobs: Careers:
Follow FIS on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/3128
Opportunity: The FIS 2016 Summer Internship:
As a 2016 Summer Intern with FIS, you will benefit from on the job training and mentoring along with participation in team projects, social events, charity work, and professional development seminars. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 6, 2016 and conclude on August 12, 2016.
Interns will receive the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. As an intern, you should expect to own the following roles and responsibilities: Contribute individually and/or as a team member to support a designated functional area, analyze business processes, and work towards goals and objectives assigned by an experienced manager. Interns will also interact with and support business partners and participate in projects that directly impact business value.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares federal, state, and local income tax returns, maintains tax records and assists in the preparation of quarterly tax provisions.
- Prepares, reviews and files various reports for federal, state and local reporting as well as other areas of tax compliance (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Maintains current knowledge of tax laws, updates, and revisions and informs management of issues affecting FIS.
- Reviews proposals for tax implications and recommends actions that meet business plans while managing tax liability.
- Investigates and reconciles discrepancies.
- Anticipates potential tax filing conflicts and resolves before returns are filed (i.e. acquisitions, fixed purchase option leases, etc).
- Reconciles any year-end balances and recover any tax overpayments.
- Requests refunds for dual taxation, incorrect assessment, and exempt property.
- Assists with tax audits.
- Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university pursuing a degree in a related field of study
- Displays good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work in one of FIS’ strategic locations for the duration of the internship
- GPA requirement of 3.0 or higher
- Accounting or finance major preferred
- Additional skills, knowledge, and experience may be required based on the type of functions the incumbent will perform.